couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc1)
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2020 05:35:14 GMT
The Windows installer improvements are now live at the same URL below,
the installer is called apache-couchdb-3.0.0.1.msi.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/3.0.0/rc.1/

LOTS of improvements:

   * Prompts for an admin user/password as CouchDB 3.0 requires
     * Will not overwrite existing credentials if in place
   * No longer remove user-modified config files, closing
     apache/couchdb#1989
     * Also will not overwrite them on install, naturally :)
   * Checkbox to disable installation of the Windows service
   * Silent install support for all the above
   * Friendly link to the online release notes in the exit dialog
   * Higher resolution icon for HiDPI (500x500)

The details are here:

   https://github.com/apache/couchdb-glazier/pull/12

The build runs fine on Windows, obviously, and `make check` passes
entirely, so this is my official +1 on the RC.

-Joan "If you can see what I can see/When I'm cleanin' windows" Touzet