couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removal of ibmcom/couchdb3 preview image
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2020 17:46:12 GMT
On 2020-02-03 12:34, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Thanks Joan for raising this,
>
> I’m throwing in an extra “this is bad” because of the version number. 3.0 is not
a thing yet and we have brought that up with several IBMers that calling anything intermediate
“CouchDB3” (this is isn’t the first time) is problematic in the CouchDB Slack.

> Y’all need to do better. Is suggest the removal of this image blocks the 3.0.0 release,
to make sure nobody gets the wrong bits.

I agree - I was going to fork 3.x and 3.0.x today but I'll hold off
until this gets resolved. We still have 2 documentation issues that need
to be resolved, and verification of the Windows build, before we can
release anyway.

-Joan

> Best
> Jan
> —
>
>> On 3. Feb 2020, at 18:08, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi IBM people,
>>
>>   https://hub.docker.com/r/ibmcom/couchdb3
>>
>> This is a problem, especially because i'm seeing 50K+ pulls on this image already.
>>
>> We've not yet released CouchDB 3.0. Any use of this image outside of our immediate
developer community is a direct violation of Apache release protocols, and could result in
serious problems down the road.

>> If you need a dev image for CouchDB to build Fauxton, that's one thing - but that
image needs to be built each time, or hosted on a *private* repository with credentials.