couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject 3.0 Press Roundup
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2020 10:14:34 GMT
Hey all,

I collected some of the news mentions of the 3.0 release and I thought I share them here:

InfoWorld covers the changes rather well: https://www.infoworld.com/article/3529521/couchdb-30-puts-safety-first.html

There is a Spanish translation at CIO Perú: https://cioperu.pe/articulo/29789/couchdb-30-pone-la-seguridad-primero/

Major German tech news portal Heise is also a good read: https://www.heise.de/developer/meldung/Neues-Major-Release-CouchDB-3-0-ist-erschienen-4669066.html

And although I’m reluctant to link to “the orange website”, the commentary there is
rather nice and mostly reasonable: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22425834

I’m very happy that some of the hard work we all put into this gets its fair share of praise.

My takeaways here are:

- the Road to… blog post series’ are extremely worthwhile highlighting what we are working
on to the larger world.
- we could do better highlighting some of the things we do on our website, like prominent
users like IBM and Apple (and many others of course), explain the state of sync compatible
implementations in more detail, etc. and highlighting maybe our take on “vs. MongoDB”
where we can highlight that asking “vs.” is starting with the wrong questions.

As usual, any help with any of this highly appreciated.

Best
Jan
—