couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc3)
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2020 14:11:51 GMT
An update on Mac binaries.

I produced a new build with slightly newer Spidermonkey 60
version (h/t Joan) 60.9.1, in order to get a few more fixes in
and to have parity with the other binary builds.

I’ve also extracted a tarball from the Mozilla sources for
that version that is easier to grab than doing the
git/mercurial dance:

  https://clients.neighbourhood.ie/couchdb/mozjs-60.9.1.tar.bz2

The new Mac binaries are up in the rc.3 directory with the RC3-1
suffix:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/3.0.0/rc.3/

Since this will be the final release configuration, it’d be great
to get some double-check testing on those binaries please. For a
quick smoke test: download, unzip, double-click (after closing any
existing CouchDB instances) and running “Verify Install” in Fauxton.

Thanks all!
Best
Jan
—

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 10:33, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> -rc3 Mac binaries for your testing convenience are up on
>
>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/3.0.0/rc.3/
>
> Note: this is the second version of the Mac binaries that uses Apple’s
> new Notarization[1] mechanism. I’ve tested everything to the best of
> my abilities, but if anyone here is on Catalina 10.15.4-beta, where
> these changes are absolutely required, that’d be appreciated.
>
> Best
> Jan
> —
>
>> On 20. Feb 2020, at 01:16, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>>
>> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.
>>
>> Changes since last time:
>>
>>   https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/3.0.0-RC2...3.0.0-RC3
>>
>> Candidate release notes:
>>
>>   https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.0.html
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so
that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote
on this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on
community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

>> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>>
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.0.0/rc.3
>>
>> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>>
>> Please follow the test procedure here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>>
>> Please remember that "RC3" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.

>> Please cast your votes now.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joan "something something Lionel Ritchie" Touzet
>>
>> P.S. I'm off for a few hours but will have Windows and Linux binaries tonight, before
I'm gone for the weekend. Our schedule for next week remains unchanged - Tuesday push, Wednesday
release.