couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc2)
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2020 09:50:38 GMT
Mac binaries for your testing convenience are up on

   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/3.0.0/rc.2/

Note: this is the first version of the Mac binaries that uses Apple’s
new Notarization[1] mechanism. I’ve tested everything to the best of
my abilities, but if anyone here is on Catalina 10.15.4-beta, where
these changes are absolutely required, that’d be appreciated.

Best
Jan
—
[1]: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/notarizing_macos_software_before_distribution

> On 18. Feb 2020, at 21:08, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.
>
> Changes since last time:
>
>    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/3.0.0-RC1...3.0.0-RC2
>
> Candidate release notes:
>
>    https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.0.html
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that
any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on
this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on community
feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.0.0/rc.2
>
> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>
> Please remember that "RC2" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will
be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.