couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removal of ibmcom/couchdb3 preview image
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2020 23:19:25 GMT
I pushed for a `couchdb3` preview image — heck, I built the first one myself 6 months ago
(!) and hosted it in my own Docker Hub account. The upcoming CouchDB 3.0 release is better
off for all the little bugs we found and fixed as a result of those pulls. Appropriately documented,
it’s just an alternative version of https://repo-nightly.couchdb.org <https://repo-nightly.couchdb.org/>

If you want to take an IBMer to task for violation of subsection II, part D of some ASF by-laws,
pick me. Will has done a phenomenal job chasing down all our internal teams and encouraging
them to work with us directly and avoid forking codebases or switching databases to meet their
individual roadmaps, and this image was a big assist in that regard.

 Given that the publication of this image had such a positive effect on the quality of the
software that we *are* releasing, I’d like to see if we can find a way to publish nightly
Docker images in a more suitable location post 3.0. Thanks,

Adam