couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc3)
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2020 16:07:34 GMT
+1

sigs: ok
make release: works
make check: pass

MacOS 10.14.5 SM 1.8.5 & SM 60, FreeBSD 12.1 SM 1.8.5

Crossing fingers!

Best
Jan
—

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 01:16, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.
>
> Changes since last time:
>
>    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/3.0.0-RC2...3.0.0-RC3
>
> Candidate release notes:
>
>    https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.0.html
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that
any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on
this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on community
feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.0.0/rc.3
>
> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>
> Please remember that "RC3" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will
be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.

> Please cast your votes now.
>
> Thanks,
> Joan "something something Lionel Ritchie" Touzet
>
> P.S. I'm off for a few hours but will have Windows and Linux binaries tonight, before
I'm gone for the weekend. Our schedule for next week remains unchanged - Tuesday push, Wednesday
release.