couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Miller <alexmil...@apple.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: CI for prototype/fdb-layer branch
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2020 04:00:43 GMT

> On Feb 19, 2020, at 16:07, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> foundationdb does take a while to build though, so finding binaries
> might short circuit everything to be even a single apt-get line or
> w/e.

The build is both slow and quite memory hungry.

In addition to FROM + COPY in docker, foundationdb.org hosts downloads in both a tarball-of-binaries
form and a .deb of the server.

> Though that papers over CentOS support and the like. Dunno what that
> story is like.

RPMs for RHEL6 and RHEL7 are also published (which I think should correlate to centos6 and
centos7).

Which I think is to overall say that basically all possible options are open, and updated
as part of the FDB release process.