couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] (Was: Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc3))
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2020 16:08:57 GMT

> On 24. Feb 2020, at 17:06, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> The vote has now closed.
>
> Thank you to everyone who participated!
>
> The results are:
>
>    +1 - 9 votes
>    +0 - 0 votes
>    -0 - 0 votes
>    -1 - 0 votes
>
> The vote is successful.

Reminder about the release plan:

- we have all of today and tomorrow to get all the preparations into place:

  - put the source binary in the right spot for download mirrors to pick them up
  - push binaries to where they need to live
  - finalise release announcement on the blog
  - finalise “Road to 3.0” series (see other thread)

On Wednesday, provided all goes well, we release.

Best
Jan
—

> Thanks,
> Jan “I swear I’m not Joan!” Touzet^WLehnardt
> —
>

>> On 20. Feb 2020, at 01:16, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>>
>> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.
>>
>> Changes since last time:
>>
>>   https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/3.0.0-RC2...3.0.0-RC3
>>
>> Candidate release notes:
>>
>>   https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.0.html
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so
that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote
on this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on
community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

>> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>>
>>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.0.0/rc.3
>>
>> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>>
>> Please follow the test procedure here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>>
>> Please remember that "RC3" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.

>> Please cast your votes now.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joan "something something Lionel Ritchie" Touzet
>>
>> P.S. I'm off for a few hours but will have Windows and Linux binaries tonight, before
I'm gone for the weekend. Our schedule for next week remains unchanged - Tuesday push, Wednesday
release.