couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removal of ibmcom/couchdb3 preview image
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2020 17:34:14 GMT
Thanks Joan for raising this,

I’m throwing in an extra “this is bad” because of the version number. 3.0 is not a thing
yet and we have brought that up with several IBMers that calling anything intermediate “CouchDB3”
(this is isn’t the first time) is problematic in the CouchDB Slack.

Y’all need to do better. Is suggest the removal of this image blocks the 3.0.0 release,
to make sure nobody gets the wrong bits.

Best
Jan
—

> On 3. Feb 2020, at 18:08, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi IBM people,
>
>  https://hub.docker.com/r/ibmcom/couchdb3
>
> This is a problem, especially because i'm seeing 50K+ pulls on this image already.
>
> We've not yet released CouchDB 3.0. Any use of this image outside of our immediate developer
community is a direct violation of Apache release protocols, and could result in serious problems
down the road.

> If you need a dev image for CouchDB to build Fauxton, that's one thing - but that image
needs to be built each time, or hosted on a *private* repository with credentials.