couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc1)
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:22:12 GMT
I am on Mac OS Catalina and have the following problem:

	sha256sum --check apache-couchdb-*.tar.gz.sha256
	sha256sum: apache-couchdb-3.0.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256: no properly formatted SHA256 checksum
lines found

I installed coreutils vi brew

Andy ideo on this?

All the best

Andy
--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg

GPG fingerprint C32E 275F BCF3 9DF6 4E55  21BD 45D3 5653 77F9 3D29

> On 13. Feb 2020, at 21:43, rnewson@apache.org wrote:
>
> +1
>
> MacOS 10.15.3 (ulimit -n 10000)
>
> Checksums and sig match
> make check passes cleanly
>

>> On 13 Feb 2020, at 17:55, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On 13. Feb 2020, at 17:56, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> With this vote, we are now at 3 +1 PMC votes - a minimum for releasing.
>>>
>>> Everyone - please keep testing and submitting your experience. It'd be nice if
someone could double check the GPG signing and checksums as well. If we need to stop the release,
we will.

>> I have checked all signatures to be fine.
>>

>>> Our typical policy is to release on Tuesdays for widest publicity. As Monday
is a public holiday in Canada, I suggest we push things out one day. That'd put us on the
following schedule, since we must wait 24 hours for the Apache mirrors to catch up:

>>> Tue Feb 18 - Push apache-couchdb-3.0.0.tar.gz* to dist.apache.org
>>>         - Push Mac/Win binaries wherever they are going
>>>         - Push binary packages to bintray.org
>>>         - Test and merge 3.0.0 Docker PR
>>>         - Push new Docker image to apache/couchdb
>>>
>>> Wed Feb 19 - Update couchdb.apache.org website
>>>         - Announce widely (twitter, blog, announce@a.o, etc.)
>>>         - Open downstream Docker PR for top-level couchdb image
>>>
>>> Any objections?
>>
>> None.
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> —
>>>
>>> -Joan "break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar" Touzet

so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to
vote on this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend
on community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.