couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc2)
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2020 13:48:31 GMT
Heya, I’m extremely sorry for bringing this up this late.

When we geared up for the 2.0 release, we missed one option that we wanted
to add since the 1.x days: making /_all_dbs an admin-only resource by default.

We missed the 2.0.0 Breaking Change window for that, but added an disabled-
by-default option for this since:

  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/3.0.x/rel/overlay/etc/default.ini#L139

In the light of having a “secure by default” focus for this release, I would
like to propose that we flip this config option to `true` by default and mark
this as a Breaking Change.

I’m sorry this would mean another RC. At least it’ll be a small patch.

Best
Jan “Columbo: Just one more thing” Lehnardt
—

> On 18. Feb 2020, at 21:08, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.
>
> Changes since last time:
>
>    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/3.0.0-RC1...3.0.0-RC2
>
> Candidate release notes:
>
>    https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.0.html
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that
any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on
this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on community
feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.0.0/rc.2
>
> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>
> Please remember that "RC2" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will
be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.