couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <m...@jan.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc1)
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2020 21:00:31 GMT
+1 on an RC2, this is exactly what we have them for.

Joan, if the tarball passes on Friday 21st, you could prepare the binaries then and I'm happy
to do the upload dance on the 24th/25th, that assuming you're not already travelling on Friday
:)

Cheers
Jan
—

> On 17. Feb 2020, at 21:20, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> I have the day off but I wanted to call out this bug and fix:
>
>  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2559
>  https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/2560
>
> Do we want to wait for these to build an RC2 and test that?
>
> If so, that would change our schedule as follows:
>
> Tue Feb 18 - build new RC and start a vote
> Fri Feb 21 - earliest the new RC could pass the vote (min. 72 hours)
> Mon Feb 24 - push the source tarball
> Tue Feb 25 - release and announce
>
> Note that Tue Feb 25 is a travel day for me, so the binaries would
> appear no earlier than that evening. We could do the same delay as I'd proposed this
week if desired; push the tarball on Tue Feb 25 and announce on Wed Feb 26.

> -Joan
>
> FYI I am away from Feb 20-25.
>
>> On 2020-02-13 11:56 a.m., Joan Touzet wrote:
>> With this vote, we are now at 3 +1 PMC votes - a minimum for releasing.
>> Everyone - please keep testing and submitting your experience. It'd be nice if someone
could double check the GPG signing and checksums as well. If we need to stop the release,
we will.
>> Our typical policy is to release on Tuesdays for widest publicity. As Monday is a
public holiday in Canada, I suggest we push things out one day. That'd put us on the following
schedule, since we must wait 24 hours for the Apache mirrors to catch up:
>> Tue Feb 18 - Push apache-couchdb-3.0.0.tar.gz* to dist.apache.org
>>            - Push Mac/Win binaries wherever they are going
>>            - Push binary packages to bintray.org
>>            - Test and merge 3.0.0 Docker PR
>>            - Push new Docker image to apache/couchdb
>> Wed Feb 19 - Update couchdb.apache.org website
>>            - Announce widely (twitter, blog, announce@a.o, etc.)
>>            - Open downstream Docker PR for top-level couchdb image
>> Any objections?
>> -Joan "break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar" Touzet
>>> On 2020-02-13 8:11, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Checked on Mac OS Mojave.

so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to
vote on this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend
on community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.