couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc1)
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:55:16 GMT

> On 13. Feb 2020, at 17:56, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> With this vote, we are now at 3 +1 PMC votes - a minimum for releasing.
>
> Everyone - please keep testing and submitting your experience. It'd be nice if someone
could double check the GPG signing and checksums as well. If we need to stop the release,
we will.

I have checked all signatures to be fine.

> Our typical policy is to release on Tuesdays for widest publicity. As Monday is a public
holiday in Canada, I suggest we push things out one day. That'd put us on the following schedule,
since we must wait 24 hours for the Apache mirrors to catch up:

> Tue Feb 18 - Push apache-couchdb-3.0.0.tar.gz* to dist.apache.org
>           - Push Mac/Win binaries wherever they are going
>           - Push binary packages to bintray.org
>           - Test and merge 3.0.0 Docker PR
>           - Push new Docker image to apache/couchdb
>
> Wed Feb 19 - Update couchdb.apache.org website
>           - Announce widely (twitter, blog, announce@a.o, etc.)
>           - Open downstream Docker PR for top-level couchdb image
>
> Any objections?

None.

Best
Jan
—

> -Joan "break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar" Touzet
>
> On 2020-02-13 8:11, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> +1
>> Checked on Mac OS Mojave.
>>> On 10. Feb 2020, at 17:33, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear community,
>>>
>>> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> Candidate release notes:
>>>
>>>    https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.0.html
>>>
>>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts
so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to
vote on this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend
on community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

>>> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>>>
>>>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.0.0/rc.1
>>>
>>> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>>>
>>> Please follow the test procedure here:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>>>
>>> Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts
will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.