couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc1)
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:27:15 GMT

> On 14. Feb 2020, at 12:22, Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I am on Mac OS Catalina and have the following problem:
>
> 	sha256sum --check apache-couchdb-*.tar.gz.sha256
> 	sha256sum: apache-couchdb-3.0.0-RC1.tar.gz.sha256: no properly formatted SHA256 checksum
lines found

if you edit the checksum file and add the filename, the --check option works, or you run without
--check and compare the hashes manually.

For the release I suggest we fix the checksum files of course :)

Best
Jan
—

> I installed coreutils vi brew
>
> Andy ideo on this?
>
> All the best
>
> Andy
> --
> Andy Wenk
> Hamburg
>
> GPG fingerprint C32E 275F BCF3 9DF6 4E55  21BD 45D3 5653 77F9 3D29
>

>> On 13. Feb 2020, at 21:43, rnewson@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> MacOS 10.15.3 (ulimit -n 10000)
>>
>> Checksums and sig match
>> make check passes cleanly

if someone could double check the GPG signing and checksums as well. If we need to stop the
release, we will.

>>> I have checked all signatures to be fine.

is a public holiday in Canada, I suggest we push things out one day. That'd put us on the
following schedule, since we must wait 24 hours for the Apache mirrors to catch up:

>>> None.
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Jan
>>> —

artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone
is free to vote on this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but
they depend on community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

these artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.