couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc2) (Windows and UNIX binaries ready)
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2020 23:28:24 GMT
On 2020-02-18 15:08, Joan Touzet wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.
>
> Changes since last time:
>
>      https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/3.0.0-RC1...3.0.0-RC2
>
> Candidate release notes:
>
>      https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.0.html

> artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so dig right in!
> (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on community
> feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)
>
> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.0.0/rc.2
>
> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512
> checksums.
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release

My results on Windows 10 x64:

* The tarball downloads.
* Checksums match. (Cannot check my own signature.)
* make -f Makefile.win check succeeds, no failed tests.
* make -f Makefile.win release succeeds
* Windows installer built and installed on Windows 7 x64:

{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"3.0.0","git_sha":"666c1ecfe","uuid":"5d8a899d161d5b7c7ccc4ca9c875fe15","features":["access-ready","partitioned","pluggable-storage-engines","reshard","scheduler"],"vendor":{"name":"The

Apache Software Foundation"}}

* Fauxton "Verify Installation" is all green.
* Uploaded to svn for testing:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/3.0.0/rc.2/

+1

Also, UNIX binaries are online at

https://repo-nightly.couchdb.org/3.0.x/

-Joan "MUCH easier when we just turn the crank" Touzet