couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Miller <alexmil...@apple.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: CI for prototype/fdb-layer branch
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2020 22:22:55 GMT
And for whoever does pick it up, there's some examples of docker-ify-ing FDB and running it
via docker-compose in apple/foundationdb's packaging/docker/ <https://github.com/apple/foundationdb/tree/master/packaging/docker>
, and the Dockerfile therein is built and pushed as foundationdb/foundationdb <https://hub.docker.com/r/foundationdb/foundationdb/tags>
on docker hub.

> On Feb 18, 2020, at 12:06, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>
> What Adam said.
>
> Reminder that to get CI builds working someone's going to need to do the legwork to add
an FDB instance to the container-based build. I'm happy to grant docker hub credentials to
couchdbdev for whomever takes this work on.

> -Joan
>
> On 2020-02-18 14:15, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>> There’s nothing blocking us from using master for FDB development now that we’ve
got a 3.x branch — wouldn’t it be better to just make that switch?
>> Adam
>>> On Feb 18, 2020, at 2:13 PM, Ilya Khlopotov <iilyak@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Currently we only trigger CI on attempts to merge to master branch. With ongoing
effort to rebase CouchDB on top of FoundationDB it seems like we would be running two projects
in parallel for quite some time. The lack of CI on merge to prototype/fdb-layer causes merges
of broken code.