couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] (Was: Release Apache CouchDB 3.0.0 (-rc3))
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2020 07:46:47 GMT
The signing for the Windows binaries is blocked for the moment:

I’ll hold the release until this is resolved. New tentative
release time: 10am CET Thursday, unless this gets resolved
a lot quicker and we can still do this today.

Best
Jan
—

> On 25. Feb 2020, at 16:05, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I plan for the release to go live by 10am CET tomorrow Wednesday.
>
> - I have a patch for the couchdb.apache.org website ready
> - The source tarball will be all mirrored up by then
> - the final binaries will be set up before then
> - I’ll send a number of tweets and post to our other support channels
>
> Let me know if there is anything else left to do, asap :)
>
> If there are any complications before then, the deadline is entirely arbitrary, so no
worries, if you’d like to delay things (for a good reason of course ;)

> Best
> Jan
> —
>
>> On 24. Feb 2020, at 17:08, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On 24. Feb 2020, at 17:06, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear community,
>>>
>>> The vote has now closed.
>>>
>>> Thank you to everyone who participated!
>>>
>>> The results are:
>>>
>>>  +1 - 9 votes
>>>  +0 - 0 votes
>>>  -0 - 0 votes
>>>  -1 - 0 votes
>>>
>>> The vote is successful.
>>
>> Reminder about the release plan:
>>
>> - we have all of today and tomorrow to get all the preparations into place:
>>
>> - put the source binary in the right spot for download mirrors to pick them up
>> - push binaries to where they need to live
>> - finalise release announcement on the blog
>> - finalise “Road to 3.0” series (see other thread)
>>
>> On Wednesday, provided all goes well, we release.
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> —
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Jan “I swear I’m not Joan!” Touzet^WLehnardt
>>> —

so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to
vote on this release, so dig right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend
on community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be made.)

will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.0.0.

before I'm gone for the weekend. Our schedule for next week remains unchanged - Tuesday push,
Wednesday release.