couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 3.0 Update - Jan 8
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2020 22:56:31 GMT
Hi Deni,

On 2020-01-08 4:55 p.m., Denitsa Burroughs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed with closing the remaining 3.0 roadmap
> items/epics. We are getting very close to RC! There are a couple of
> outstanding lower level issues that also need to be addressed and any help
> here would be greatly appreciated. I am adding owners to each issue based
> on the comments in the ticket but please feel free to let me know if that's
> incorrect.
>
> Here's a link to the 3.0.0 Milestone
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/milestone/5>. There are currently 6
> items on the list:
> #2404 3.0 build is broken on Microsoft Windows
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2404> Joan has a fix

Fixed and checked in today.

> #2391 update rebar.config with latest module tags
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2391>  - Need a
> decision/consensus on the approach. Adam/Jan?

The very last step of this will be to bump the documentation repo, once
the release notes have been written. Because of this, #2391 will be the
last ticket to get closed before the RC is cut.

> #1783 fix empty queries <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1783> -
> Tony?
> #2393 fix(#2143): allow env var overrides for js query server config
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/2393>- blocked by #2404. Joa

This got fixed and merged today too.

> #2218  Deprecation list for 3.0 (release notes compilation)
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2218> - Doc ticket

Tracking this separate from #2391 is good since deprecation
documentation deserves more eyes than the usual laundry list in release
notes

> #1927 build: stop propagating RC tags into erlang apps
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1927> - Dave/Joan?

Pinged Dave on this, but will have a look this week.