couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 3.0 Update - Dec 3rd
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2019 05:47:22 GMT

> On 4. Dec 2019, at 05:32, Denitsa Burroughs <denitsa.burroughs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We are really close to merging the last few open PRs for CouchDB 3.0. I'd
> like to propose that we aim to merge all remaining changes *by the end of
> the week* (Dec 6th) and work on a first RC next week. Please let me know if
> you don't think you could meet that goal. Also, last call for any
> additional change requests!
> Here's the current status:
>
> *In progress:*
> - 2167 Remove vestiges of view-based `_changes` feed
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2167> *(Eric) **- PR reviewed,
> addressing comments*
> - 1875 Update SpiderMonkey version
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/1875> *(Peng Hui)* *- PR
> reviewed, addressing comments*
> - 2171 Document new management subsystems (smoosh, ioq, ken)
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/2171>-ioq left. *(Adam) **- ioq
> only, doc ticket, not a blocker*
> - 1524 Per-document access control  #1524
> <https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/1524> *(Jan)* -
> *Need an ETA*

Def not before Christmas, but as stated, happy to leave this for 3.1 or later. EXCEPT for
one patch to accept the _access member in docs.

Im travelling internationally until the end of *next* week, so I can't promise that before
Dec 13.

It is a relatively minor patch, though, so we might be okay with sneaking it during the RC
phase.

Best
Jan
—