couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 3.0 Update - Dec 3rd
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2019 22:21:26 GMT
On 2019-12-05 14:09, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
> Here’s my view:
>
> - A release should have convenience binaries available within days
> - We don’t need to have all the deep dive blog posts on the new capabilities ready,
but they should follow within weeks
> - I don’t think we need to insert code freeze delays more than the usual window of
testing for a release candidate

> My understanding is that one of the benefits of the new Jenkins setup is the ability
to automate many steps of the binary package generation. I think we can devote some time to
getting that online while we chase down the last few remaining tickets and see if we can lighten
the load for binary package generation. If we can get this done in December - great!

I am pessimistic we'll have things ready for binary releases, even
automated ones, before the 18th. 9 business days is probably not enough
time.

I am just trying to be realistic here. If we can, then sure, that'd be
"great". But let's not count on it.

Based on "A release should have convenience binaries available within
days" my vote is still for waiting until January to do the RC. We can
code freeze / branch 3.0.x except for fixes, documentation and release
notes anytime.

-Joan