couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Will Holley <willhol...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Import CouchDB Helm Chart (was [DISCUSS] Import CouchDB Helm Chart)
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 13:31:12 GMT
>Hi all,
>
>CouchDB has a mature Helm chart at
https://github.com/helm/charts/tree/master/stable/couchdb >to facilitate
deploying CouchDB clusters to Kubernetes. Historically, Helm charts have
been >curated by the Helm team alongside a list of chart-specific
maintainers (@kocolosk in this case).

>The Helm team have indicated that the current monolithic repository
approach is unsustainable >for them and have started asking chart owners to
move to self-hosted repositories (most >commonly GitHub pages -
https://github.com/helm/hub/blob/master/docs/github.md). These are >then
aggregated at http://hub.helm.sh.

>What do people think about moving the CouchDB chart from the helm/charts
Git repository into >an Apache-owned repository (e.g.
github.com/apache/couchdb-helm) to complement the existing
>apache/couchdb-docker repository?
>
>If there's appetite for this I can move to a vote.

Not much discussion on this but also no objections raised so moving this to
a formal vote.

Shall we import the CouchDB Helm chart?

+1 from me.

All the best,