couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB 32bit Windows build
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2019 06:38:51 GMT
On 2019-10-18 2:32 a.m., Jared Davison wrote:
> Hi Alexis,
>
> That's great. Thanks for your reply.
>
> I did some more investigation and the server is actually 64bit CPU but has
> a 32bit OS. The other machines I want to build a cluster from actually
> already have Windows 2003 x64, but CouchDB won't run because of "Not a
> Valid Win32 Application" even though it installed fine, I think due to a
> minimum version linker option flag set in Visual Studio when it was
> compiled. Does anyone know if that's necessary and if CouchDb/Erlang relies
> on later Windows APIs, and if so if it is reasonable for VS to limit the
> minimum version as it has?

Yes, unfortunately, due to our dependencies that require newer versions
of VS (such as ICU).

Windows 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft; I encourage you to
move to a newer, supported OS if possible.

If that's not possible, one cheap solution is to run CouchDB inside of
VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation on that same server.

(Win10 won't install -tried it, so that's not an