couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Arturo GARCIA-VARGAS <art...@ficuslabs.com>
Subject Re: Batch mode options for CouchDB 4.0
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2019 11:25:01 GMT
My opinion....

On 23/10/2019 12:15, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

 >> On 23. Oct 2019, at 12:40, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org>
wrote:

 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> Just confirming my position on this. We should treat a request with
batch=ok as if the setting was not there. That is, make the same durable
commit as normal. We should therefore send a 201 Created response code.
We should continue to validate the batch setting (it can be absent or it
can be "ok" but every other value is a 400 Bad Request).

-1 from me, we should:
1. Drop it and be consistent with the API.  Maybe warning of deprecation
in couchdb-3?
2. Enable same behaviour as before (accepted) with a no-op and config
file parameter.

But not modify the behaviour of the API