couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: update ibrowse to 4.4.1?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:17:17 GMT
Hi Dave,

very in favour of getting this going. Just a heads up that https://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/issues/146
was what kept us from doing this before.

Best
Jan
—

> On 19. Sep 2018, at 13:37, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I need working IPv6 support (for replication) in ibrowse, which is only in 4.4.1. It's
a trivial backport[0] for a single patch, but we have a rather bespoke v4.0.1 copy from 2012,
not a clone, it's via svn  and it's not friendly to rebasing [1].

> I'm ok to have a crack at this next week, with the end goal of being able to rebase future
ibrowse releases directly in git, possibly with a minimal conversion makefile target.

> Any objections to updating it? Has anybody already had a go?
>
> Here's the current non-trivial diff: https://git.io/fA9Ju
>
> Even if you ignore the docs and other build files Bob removed during 4af2d40,  a number
of the genserver states and callbacks have evolved, and the build system is now erlang.mk.
I have no idea if our  rebar2 will handle that.

> If this means we need to tackle bringing our build system up to rebar3 or erlang.mk or
whatever then I'm happy to plug away on that first.

> [0]: https://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/commit/ce20f97
> [1]: I pushed our copy to my skunkwerks/asf branch and github is very annoyed: https://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/compare/v4.0.1...skunkwerks:asf
and rebase dies in a quiet fire.