couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Khlopotov <iil...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC2
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 20:41:56 GMT
Hello,

Today we discovered a problem with _stats reducer which might be a show stopper for the release
since the feature is documented. More details are in the PR https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1484.
The problematic commit is included in 2.2.0-RC2.

Best regards,
iilyak

On 2018/07/31 23:18:09, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC2.
>
> Changes since last round:
>
>  * https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/2.2.0-RC1...2.2.0-RC2
>  * Fauxton bump
>  * Removal of obsolete update_notifications feature
>
> Release notes:
>
>  * http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/2.2.html
>
> This is a big release, so your attention to detail is very much appreciated.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that
any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on
this release, so dig right in!

> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.2.0/rc.2/
>
> There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
>     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release
>
> Please remember that "RC2" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will
be released as Apache CouchDB 2.2.0.