couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shard level querying in CouchDB Proposal
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2018 11:17:51 GMT
> I do agree with the confusion aspect of shards and partitions, and
> I'm unsure exactly the way forward here yet :(

This is all I care about, and I'm cross that this hasn't been given
more serious consideration, given CouchDB is already confusing for people
coming from other databases. Make all the new features you want, but not
at the expense of usability.

I've raised the issue but I don't have any great idea, other than to say
I think /db/_shard/<range> is a suitable place for shard-specific operations
to happen.

Help from this list is important before the new endpoint lands.

-Joan