couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject CouchDB Roadmap uploaded into GitHub Issues
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 18:05:43 GMT
Hi everyone,

>From the last CouchDB Summit (February 2017), 42 issues have been
entered into GitHub describing the foreseeable future of CouchDB. The
list included some items which have already been completed, like CI and
packaging work, pluggable storage engines, and Fauxton information
density improvements.  Those issues were not carried over.

However, what remains is some interesting work, and we'd love it if
people helped us build out the solutions to these open issues.

Some feature-focused highlights include:

    * Redesign CouchDB security system - #1504
    * Better support for db-per-user - #1524
    * Support sub-document operations - #1498
    * Support GraphQL - #1499
    * Mobile First replication protocol - #1503
    * First-class conflict handling - #1507
    * HTTP/2 support - #1497

There's a bunch of nuts-and-bolts issues in the list, too.

You can view the whole list here:

    https://s.apache.org/couchdb_roadmap

I hope this long-overdue issue filing sparks not just solid discussion,
but implementations that help drive CouchDB 3.0, 4.0 and beyond.

All the best,
Joan "We can do it!" Touzet