couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC1
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2018 23:35:57 GMT
Here is my own vote. TL;DR: +1

* Tested on Windows 10 x64, all the latest updates, Erlang 18.3
* SHA256 and SHA512 match
* Cannot validate my own signature meaningfully, skipped
* `make -f Makefile.win check` passes all tests!!!
* Was able to build the binary installer, this is NOT yet signed by Symantec (we are almost
out of signatures, contract is being renewed)
* Uploaded binary installer for your testing pleasure to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/2.2.0/rc.1/

* Installed binary installer on different machine, Windows 7 x64, latest patches, after uninstalling
2.1.2
* GET / returns: {"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"2.2.0","git_sha":"10c19dc","features":["pluggable-storage-engines","scheduler"],"vendor":{"name":"The
Apache Software Foundation"}}
* Fauxton validation succeeds, old databases are visible

+1 from me.

-Joan "do the hardest thing first" Touzet

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joan Touzet" <wohali@apache.org>
To: "CouchDB Developers" <dev@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:35:57 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC1

Dear community,

I would like to release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC1.

Changes since last round:

 * https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/2.1.2...2.2.0-RC1

Release notes:

 * http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/2.2.html

This is a big release, so your attention to detail is very much appreciated.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that any
critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this
release, so dig right in!

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.2.0/rc.1/

There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.

Please follow the test procedure here:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release

Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will be released
as Apache CouchDB 2.2.0.
Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,
Joan "release all the things!" Touzet