couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make all this extra C optionnal
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:14:26 GMT
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com>wrote:

> Good call.
>
> +1 for two reasons
>
> - lack of scheduler transparency for long-running NIFs
> - small core === better innovation through plugins & friends
>
> Benoit - where do you see this sitting between merges
> (bigcouch/refuge), build improvements etc?

Modulo the paperwork (on which i put the guy that handle my admin today) ,
it can happen in // of the bigcouch merge, maybe before, after the
otpisation of couch in any case. It will be a lot simpler to do it once we
have a true Erlang app so you would just have to add a new application to
the erlang release to add a new capability and ship it.  That would also be
awesome if we could ship some kind of couchdb-lite and a couchdb-full with
all the supported capabilities shipped.

In fact as soon as I can start a branch in the couchdb repo I am on it.

- benoit