couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Apache CouchDB 1.2.2 - strange
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 18:18:59 GMT
OK I finally figured out what happened, and I'm feeling very embarrassed by
it. Sorry everybody for the inconvenience.

I have some automated build tasks running as a service and wasn't aware
they were still running. As a result depending on when I ran the manual
builds, I am either missing pieces (as it removes files for the background
build), or has extra components mixed in from a build on some new git
commit.  The bundle step takes place after the in-build tree `make check`
has run, so I'll need to extend the bundling step for some sanity checks
next time. The basic "verify install" tests don't check enough to pick up
this sort of screw-up.

The safest thing in the circumstances is to rebuild all the builds (done),
re-test (done),  get them checked by a few other folk first, and on Monday
let you all know when the new binaries are OK and have hit the mirrors.

If you need a version ASAP (e.g. you are hitting the rewriter bug which was
one of the main reasons for the 1.2.2 point release) please reply offline
and I can get you started sooner, or just follow the thread on dev@.

Again, my sincere apologies.
Dave