couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dirkjan Ochtman <>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:28:49 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:
> Do we have a concensus now to go for RST & python nirvana?

If we do, a proposed plan forward, with Dave and Robert N.:

- Keep the docs branch as it is, with DocBook docs
- Iterate on the Sphinx docs in the docs branch (for example based on my csets)
- When everything has properly been converted to Sphinx, remove DocBook files
- At this point, merge docs into master and do further improvement

This means the DocBook version is safely in repository history for
archival purposes. Sphinx building can easily be integrated into
Makefiles, we'll also need to update some READMEs etc to document
Sphinx dependencies. We should probably not wait until the docs are
perfect before merging into master, but make sure everything from the
DocBook version is in there.

I'll note that I think the pace of movement around the Sphinx stuff
indicates that this significantly helps contribution to the docs, so I
think this would be a great way to move forward.



View raw message