couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From J Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 1.0.1
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 18:46:30 GMT

On Jul 31, 2010, at 6:16 PM, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2010, at 6:09 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>> I saw a conversation on IRC tonight about bumping this thread. I noticed an email
from J. Chris in another thread saying he wanted to hold back from 1.0.1 until something was
fixed. Waiting for the all clear. Let me know.
> All clear! I don't remember suggesting we should wait, but I'll take your word for it.

Did I say all clear? Whoops! ;)

It's come to my attention that this commit would like to be backported to 1.0.1, despite not
meeting the procedural requirements for backporting. (it's a new feature)

"Add support for replication through an HTTP/HTTPS proxy."

The reason is that our releases are a leaky abstraction, and Ubuntu will be freezing to a
CouchDB release for their next release in a few days.

Since Ubuntu is our largest install base, and they would love to be able to offer sync to
users behind proxies, I am +1 on bending the rules for them.

The patch itself is not technically risky, as it has no effect unless the user provides the
new replicator option, so the chance of introducing bugs is very small.

I am backporting this now, but of course I am open to discussion. The preemptive backport
is meant to ensure that we don't forget to discuss this. If anyone is -1 on the idea, please
let us know, so that we can find common ground.


> I definitely reverted and redid one of the patches that I backported to 1.0.x, but that's
all cleaned up now.
> I think we are in the clear. Plus I'm excited to start working on 1.0.2.
> We should also roll 0.11.3 at this time.
> Chris

View raw message