couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Florian Ebeling" <florian.ebel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r706817 - /incubator/couchdb/trunk/README
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:16:36 GMT
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:09 AM, C. Florian Ebeling
> <florian.ebeling@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One confusing thing with the macports install is that there
>> is a huge user message in the terminal output which advertises
>> a plist generated by mp. That does not work, unfortunately.
>> The one that couchdb brings itself is fine.
>>

> Thanks I did not realize there was a MacPort for couchdb. I've just
> been following the README to install from source. Maybe the start
> command is not necessary - however it's been useful to me to force a
> restart.

ok, sorry, I guess I misread that. As long as you don't expect that the
service actually stays down when you invoke stop all is fine, because it
does get restarted. I found that confusing actually with launchd.

> I know woefully little about MacPorts - maybe someone who's
> deep into the port system could review not only the README but also
> the plists file etc.

I would not claim to be an expert on macports, but I'm a maintainer of a few
ports there. I will have a look at the README and see if I find things to
suggest.

Cheers,
Florian

--