community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Running another ASF Committer Diversity Survey
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 17:28:31 GMT
On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, Sharan Foga wrote:
> It’s been nearly 2 years since we ran our ASF Committer Diversity Survey
> so I think it's about time that we looked at running it again to see if
> things are changing.

The survey results were used in several presentations last week at
ApacheCon, and I remember them being helpful in past conferences too when
understanding how we're doing. I think we're due an update, so +1

> So I think that it would also be good to discuss and review the survey
> questions to see if we can improve them or the phrasing to better
> capture the data. Also if anyone is interested in helping out then
> please let me know.

One suggestion I'd make is to review the text of some other foundations /
tech organisation's surveys, and if we're missing questions they've asked
or have different incompatible wording, make sure we have that for a
reason. (Or update ours to match if no reason!). That would help us with
comparing ourselves to other similar groups, and also would assist outside
researchers trying to do meta-analysies too.

I'm also happy to help out where I can :)

Cheers
Nick