community-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Running another ASF Committer Diversity Survey
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 15:09:23 GMT
+1, let me know how I can help.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharan Foga" <sharan@apache.org>
To: dev@community.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2018 5:30:10 AM
Subject: [DISCUSSION] Running another ASF Committer Diversity Survey

Hi All

It’s been nearly 2 years since we ran our ASF Committer Diversity Survey so I think it's
about time that we looked at running it again to see if things are changing. For those of
you who haven't seen the details or the results from our 2016 ASF Committer Diversity Survey
then you can find them at the link below:

https://s.apache.org/lV9h

Our original 2016 survey was run to:

  -  help us get a picture of our existing diversity as all our committers are linked to all
ASF projects, and also;
 -   to create a baseline measure so we can see if we see if we are improving or not in our
diversity efforts.

So I think that it would also be good to discuss and review the survey questions to see if
we can improve them or the phrasing to better capture the data. Also if anyone is interested
in helping out then please let me know.

Thanks
Sharan