commonsrdf-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Commons RDF to Commons PMC?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 03:09:45 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:30 AM Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 16 November 2016 at 13:28, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It looks good.  The main thing I'm looking for at this point is input
> from
> > Gary on how the project enters into the Commons TLP.  The incubator has
> > guidelines for sub-project graduations, which are a little different than
> > the TLP.  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject
>
> Agree, so I raised this on dev@commons - first response is to go
> straight to a VOTE. Not sure how many votes to do where now.. :)
>

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9a23c983fa7f2a06d6aa9418d7e6eb6ce8e937f9457e04ca167ac755@%3Cdev.commons.apache.org%3E

Well if you're ready, we should start a vote on this list as well.  Its not
clear if the IPMC and Commons PMC votes are in parallel or sequential.

I'll start a discussion on general@i.a.o as well and solicit input.

> > I'd be curious to know how this podling fits into the Commons PMC,
> > committers, etc so that we're clear about it.
>
> At least these people have already been active on dev@commons -
> remember any ASF committer is an Apache Commons committer (they just
> might not know it yet):
>
> Stian Soiland-Reyes (Commons PMC)
> Sergio Fernandez (ASF committer)
> Peter Ansell (ASF committer)
> Adam Soroka (ASF committer)

Ok, so you're saying that I need to subscribe there as well? :-)

> What is the next challenge is how to migrate this list over to
> dev@commons (using the [RDF] tag) - and hopefully engage some of the
> past dev@commonsrdf contributors like:
>
> Lewis John McGibbney (ASF committer)
> Andy Seaborne (ASF committer)
> Andreas Harth
> Paul Houle

Is it a requirement of the commons community to have all activity on
dev@commons?  I guess so, there's no other lists.  This feels like a
post-acceptance discussion anyways.