commonsrdf-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Commons RDF to Commons PMC
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:46:48 GMT
[Note: this is the PPMC vote on dev@commonsrdf. If passed, this will
be following by a vote on dev@commons and general@incubator.]

Since Commons RDF entered incubation, we have evolved our
understanding of its purpose, developed and released code base that is
now stabilizing. Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the
way!

As noted in Jira, we still have a couple of things to finish off
before we do a 1.0.0 release, but I am confident that we will be able
to do so as part of the Apache Commons project, which have been very
welcoming to our small community.

Project Maturity report:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md

I therefore propose a VOTE to graduate Commons RDF to join Apache
Commons as a new component.

Note that all ASF committers have write-access to Apache Commons, thus
all existing contributors will retain write access to Commons RDF.

Anyone can vote! Note that formally there will be a second vote thread
for Commons PMC to accept the component, as well as a third vote
thread for Incubator PMC for the handover. (Puh!)

If you are a member of Commons PMC or Incubator PMC, please indicate
with (binding) if you want your vote to be carries forward to the
subsequent Commons and Incubator votes.

Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF to Commons:

[ ] +1 Yes, graduate Commons RDF to join Commons PMC
[ ]  0 Undecided
[ ] -1 No, because...

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-20 17:00 UTC.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718