commonsrdf-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Commons RDF to Commons PMC
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:33:12 GMT
+1

Nice maturity report Stian.

Stian: do you know if previous contributors are still following this list?
Are they gone for good due to technical disagreements? Is there any chance
to bring anyone back into the community?

Some notes:

The links are broken in section CS30 on https://github.com/apache/i
ncubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md.

The quote "Offline, face-to-face or private discussions 11 that affect the
project are also documented on that channel." does not need the "11" or it
needs to be turned into a superscript link.

Gary

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 7:46 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org>
wrote:

> [Note: this is the PPMC vote on dev@commonsrdf. If passed, this will
> be following by a vote on dev@commons and general@incubator.]
>

> Since Commons RDF entered incubation, we have evolved our
> understanding of its purpose, developed and released code base that is
> now stabilizing. Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the
> way!
>
> As noted in Jira, we still have a couple of things to finish off
> before we do a 1.0.0 release, but I am confident that we will be able
> to do so as part of the Apache Commons project, which have been very
> welcoming to our small community.
>

> Project Maturity report:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
>

> I therefore propose a VOTE to graduate Commons RDF to join Apache
> Commons as a new component.
>
> Note that all ASF committers have write-access to Apache Commons, thus
> all existing contributors will retain write access to Commons RDF.
>

> Anyone can vote! Note that formally there will be a second vote thread
> for Commons PMC to accept the component, as well as a third vote
> thread for Incubator PMC for the handover. (Puh!)
>
> If you are a member of Commons PMC or Incubator PMC, please indicate
> with (binding) if you want your vote to be carries forward to the
> subsequent Commons and Incubator votes.
>

> Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF to Commons:
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, graduate Commons RDF to join Commons PMC
> [ ]  0 Undecided
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>

> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-20 17:00
> UTC.
>

> --
> Stian Soiland-Reyes
> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718