commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] What about Duration class? (org.apache.commons.lang.time)
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:21:06 GMT
My view is to use joda-time. It is a full featured library. No need to
reinvent the wheel.

Gary

On Jan 25, 2012, at 14:17, Benedikt Ritter <bene@systemoutprintln.de> wrote:

> Am 25.01.2012 21:02, schrieb Taras Ledkov:
>> I'm very sorry if this problem has been solved in some way.
>
> No need to be sorry, as everybody can see, you did some research on this topic ;-)
>
>> But i found only discussions about duration&  joda-time dated 2004.
>> (http://markmail.org/thread/733yqv5zwzsngj3j)
>> Now i really need in Duration functionality (especially such as
>> Duration.parse(String)).
>>

> I heard about joda-time a while ago. My impression is, that the joda project is not that
active anymore (please correct me, if I'm wrong). So I would vouch for additions to lang regarding
durations. What I'm also really missing in lang.time is conversation of durations. For example:
DurationUtils.convertToMinutes(long seconds).