commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Requests for comments, requirements, pain points, contributions for Apache log4j 2.0
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 21:15:15 GMT
One other thought.  It would definitely be worth discussing if the Log4j 2.0 API could eliminate
the need for Commons Logging.

Ralph

On May 29, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> Apache log4j 2.0 has been a long simmering bunch of wish lists and a little experimental
code waiting for a sufficient community to assemble to start fleshing things out.  Not sure
if we are there yet, but looks like there is some signs of life and it would be good to have
as many perspectives as possible while things are settling down.

> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2 are general design objectives, wishes, etc.
 Please feel free to add new bugs for concerns, pain points with log4j 1.2 or other logging
frameworks, or anything else that you think would be helpful.

> Hopefully will reorganize the log4j 2.0 landing page this weekend to make things more
accessible.  Discussion is on the log4j-dev mailing list.