cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sonny Sukumar" <>
Subject Re: map:redirect-to...
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:21:09 GMT

That's a good insight and a good question John, though actually the
redirected URIs are *not* in the "secure/" directory.  I did also read
through the Cocoon docs on redirects but couldn't find the reason for the
strange behavior.

To quickly summarize again, the behavior is that the *second* redirect (the
one after the action) is *always* executed when using internal redirects
(i.e. with "cocoon:/").  BUT this problem disappears when I use HTTP

I just don't wanna use HTTP redirects for this. :-/

Thanks again,

>From: "John L. Webber" <>
>Hello Sonny,
>Are the resources showTestSucceededPage and showTestFailedPage in the
>secure directory? Then you probably need to use cocoon:/secure/showXXX.
>Hope this helps,
>Sonny Sukumar wrote:
>>Hey guys,
>>I'm having a strange problem with map:redirect-to, where it doesn't seem
>>to work right when I use the cocoon:/ protocol.  Here's my example code:
>><map:match pattern="secure/doTest">
>>  <map:act type="perform-test">
>>    <!-- Test succeeded. -->
>>    <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/showTestSucceededPage"/>
>>  </map:act>
>>  <!-- Test failed. -->
>>  <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/showTestFailedPage"/>
>>Even when the test succeeds I see the "showTestFailedPage" when using the
>>cocoon:/ protocol, but everything works fine if I take out the cocoon:/
>>(to use HTTP redirects).
>>I'd really prefer to use internal redirects, so how come it doesn't work?
>>I might well be missing something.
>>Thank you for your help!
>  Jentro Technologies GmbH
>  John L. Webber, Software Development
>  Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 München
>  Tel. +49 89 189 169 80
>  Fax  +49 89 189 169 99
>NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
>otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
>only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
>reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message and
>all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its
>contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing or
>otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank you.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Discover the best of the best at MSN Luxury Living.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message