cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Max Number of Hypervisors
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:22:15 GMT
Hi Tyler,

Ultimately the number of hypervisors a management server can manage depends on the workload
it handles – i.e. number of users, number of VMs, how complex configurations your users
use etc. As a rule of thumb you should always have two management servers for redundancy –
but we do see customers run hundreds of hypervisors with this setup. On top of this keep in
mind the management server is stateless – in other words it is easy to just build additional
servers once your load increases – given that your load balancer configuration is healthy.

The same redundancy point goes for your backed MySQL services – you should always run at
least a slave + master setup.

Hope this helps,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect