cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Reusing ISO from Secondary Storage
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 08:20:43 GMT
Hi Asai,

You will first have to locate the template on your old secondary storage – you will find
this in a subfolder called something like /template/tmpl/1/6/…. In the folder check the
template.properties file to determine if it’s the right template – this file will contain
the description of the template. The template itself is named as a uuid – e.g. f19dc84e-e1de-334e-b41d-9de44ddbac7e.vhd.

Once you have this it depends on your ACS version:

ACS < version 4.6: you need to copy the file to a webserver accessible to your new CloudStack
instance, then do a new HTTP upload from the template upload page.
ACS >= version 4.6: you can copy the file to your desktop, then use the local copy function
on the upload page to upload the template to your new CloudStack instance.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect