clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Gmür <>
Subject Creating a partial release of several modules
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 06:48:07 GMT
Hi all,

Creating a partial release of several modules seems not to be easy using
the maven release plugin.

I can do

mvn release:branch -DbranchNammvn release:branch
-DbranchName=release-201407 -DpushChanges=false

on a submodule.

With this a branch containing everything will be created, the master
version in the submodule will be changed to the next SNAPSHOT version. If
the submodule has an scm element (not if its inherited) a tag is added.
Strangely the tag is added in master and not in the branch.

Adapting all poms in the branch and in master manually is tedious. Anyone
know a good tool or has an idea on how to proceed when we want to release
more than just a couple but not all of our 200 artifacts?