clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Gmür <r...@wymiwyg.com>
Subject Re: A bold idea
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 20:53:30 GMT
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Minto van der Sluis <minto@xup.nl> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Lately I had a bold idea, but first let me explain how I got there.
>
> In Clerezza bundles that implement TcProvider are mostly restricted to a
> single instance due to the bundle's configuration. The only viable
> construct I see (please correct me If I am wrong here) to create
> multiple instances is to create another bundle that expose the same
> service with a different configuration. This seems like quite a hassle
> to me. What if ....

I don't see the problem having multiple configurations in one bundle. In
Stanbol for example the defaultconfiguration bundle configures several
services with the same implementation cclass:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/stanbol/trunk/data/defaultconfig/src/main/resources/config/

> What if TcProviders were more like JDBC providers. Then a single
> provider could more easily be instantiated multiple times comparable to
> JDBC datasources. This could even be done dynamically like [1].

Could you tell more how this would look like. Would a Graph be a datasource
or a TcProvider? Would we still have arbitary URIs to address Graph?

Cheers,
Reto