clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No TcManager instance available
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 17:24:43 GMT
Hi Minto

> Sorry to address you directly, but I think this is related to issue #885
> (an maybe #888).

CLEREZZA-885 could well be the cause.

> Freshly building my stuff against the latest Clerezza snapshot
> introduced a problem where some of my bundles couldn't start due their
> dependency on TcManager.
>
> Looking at the rdf.core bundle karaf tell me the following services:
>
>     karaf@root>bundle:services  147
>
>     Clerezza - SCB Core (147) provides:
>     -----------------------------------
>     [org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core.serializedform.Serializer]
>     [org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core.sparql.QueryParser]
>     [org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core.serializedform.Parser]
>
> I expected to see TcManager in here as well.

It could be that TcManager has no longer all dependency satisfied with the
new requirement introduced with CLEREZZA-885.

> Previously I used Blueprint to inject the TcManager service into my
> bundles like this:
>
>   <reference id="clerezzaManagerServiceRef"
>     ext:proxy-method="classes"
>     interface="org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core.access.TcManager" />
>
> Apparently this doesn't work anymore. Is the getInstance() method the
> only left?
>
>     TcManager.getInstance();
>
> I thought this one was for none OSGi environments. Is there another way?
> Can you please explain how I can access the active TcManager.

Clearly the static method should not be used.
Well, it seems you don't have an a active TcManager the most likely cause
given the zz-885 change is that you don't have a TcProvider marked as
general purpose. It should be easy to mark your TcProvider as
general-purpose, but we can also discuss zz-885, maybe it was a bad idea.

Cheers,
Reto