clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Gmür <r...@wymiwyg.com>
Subject Re: No TcManager instance available
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 16:20:25 GMT
Hi Minto

> Clearly the static method should not be used.
> > Well, it seems you don't have an a active TcManager the most likely cause
> > given the zz-885 change is that you don't have a TcProvider marked as
> > general purpose. It should be easy to mark your TcProvider as
> > general-purpose, but we can also discuss zz-885, maybe it was a bad idea.
> Personally I fail to see the benefit. If there is no TcProvider there
> will also not be a general-purpose provider. So the behaviour is
> probably still the same as before. In my opinion it does not solve the
> issue you had in the first place.

It prevent the problem that a TcManager is available even if not TcProvider
is able to create new graphs. In our traditional launcher this is addressed
with startlevels but I don't think that this is a good solution.

A problem that is still open is what if there is an in-memory TcProvider in
the system? I've had problems that graphs got created in this because the
TdbTcProvider was loaded later.

Ideally TcManager should wait for all TcProviders to be active, but I'm not
sure if an d how this can be done.

Cheers,
Reto