clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>
Subject Re: A bold idea
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 06:56:52 GMT
Reto Gmür schreef op 7-4-2014 22:53:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Minto van der Sluis <minto@xup.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Lately I had a bold idea, but first let me explain how I got there.
>>
>> In Clerezza bundles that implement TcProvider are mostly restricted to a
>> single instance due to the bundle's configuration. The only viable
>> construct I see (please correct me If I am wrong here) to create
>> multiple instances is to create another bundle that expose the same
>> service with a different configuration. This seems like quite a hassle
>> to me. What if ....
>>
> I don't see the problem having multiple configurations in one bundle. In
> Stanbol for example the defaultconfiguration bundle configures several
> services with the same implementation cclass:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/stanbol/trunk/data/defaultconfig/src/main/resources/config/

Where exactly in there is the configuration for one or more providers? I
fail to see it. I see lots of config, but none specifies where a
provider is to store the actual data (like disk location or endpoints)
>> What if TcProviders were more like JDBC providers. Then a single
>> provider could more easily be instantiated multiple times comparable to
>> JDBC datasources. This could even be done dynamically like [1].
>>
> Could you tell more how this would look like. Would a Graph be a datasource
> or a TcProvider? Would we still have arbitary URIs to address Graph?
It's just a bold idea and I haven't figured it out yet complete. But I
could image that the DataSource allows to create a connection just like
in JDBC. This connection object looks probably closest to the current
Clerezza TcProvider.

For the second question. Why not?

--
ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis