clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>
Subject A bold idea
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 20:30:31 GMT
Hi folks,

Lately I had a bold idea, but first let me explain how I got there.

In Clerezza bundles that implement TcProvider are mostly restricted to a
single instance due to the bundle's configuration. The only viable
construct I see (please correct me If I am wrong here) to create
multiple instances is to create another bundle that expose the same
service with a different configuration. This seems like quite a hassle
to me. What if ....

What if TcProviders were more like JDBC providers. Then a single
provider could more easily be instantiated multiple times comparable to
JDBC datasources. This could even be done dynamically like [1].

Going even more loco. What if this was submitted as a proposal to
JCP.org. ......

Please share your opinion.

Regards,

Minto